11/14/2011

project::felt and fabric cards

This past weekend we had our annual Christmas card making get together at my Aunt's house and here is how my cards turned out! I brought Caden with me which definitely hindered my productivity but it was a fun day nonetheless and I am excited to amp up my gift making plans to go along with the cards!


I decided to go the simple route (due to my above mentioned distraction) so I cut out different sized felt and fabric triangles and just hot glued them to some blank cards to make a little Christmas tree scene. The glittery parts are bits of sparkly ribbon that I grabbed with the intention of using for wrapping gifts but they served their purpose to look like stars and stems here. I like the simpleness of them and they could be reproduced in more elaborate ways too!


Have you started your Christmas making and/or shopping yet? We have also been working on some holiday decor for the house and I'll hopefully have that to share soon, as well as some quilting progress and a cold weather crochet project! h&k, Mandi

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use fabric scraps! I'm definitely going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute! and I love the idea of using up all those super tiny scraps I keep hoarding for some reason. this would be a great idea for gift tags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you girls, i should probably be filling a few out to give to others soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandi!
    I featured your Fabric Cards on a blog I contribute to called Decorator in a Box (blog.mydiab.com) I love the idea of creative uses for scrap fabrics -- who wants to throw away those pretty little scraps :) Thanks for your inspiring work!
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete